Saturday 12 March 2016

There's more than one way ..

The cockroaches in the north are a pain,
They've all come in out of the rain.
All night they swarm around inside
Making no attempt to hide.

I have just done a child minding tour
And one thing I know for sure
Whenever I open any door
There'll be cockies racing round the floor.

I waged a wondrous battle last night
With a monster insect for me to fight.
He had the cheek to crawl under my bed
Believe me, I wanted his head.

I raced to the kitchen and grabbed the spray
He wouldn't see the light of another day,
If this was the very last thing I did.
I twisted and turned and cursed the lid.

From the corner of my eye I saw him move
So I did what the Greenies would approve.
I used the handiest weapon to hand
And squashed him with the base of the can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.