Saturday 5 August 2017

Navigator Extraordinaire

We hired a car in Darwin
To drive south to Uluru.
If you're behind the wheel, said Jan
I'll navigate for you.

I'm very good on the east coast.
I know north is where I'll be
If the mountains are on my left hand
And on my right is the sea.

I'm not so sure about the desert
Because everything's so flat
Without the sea and the mountains
And other landmarks like that.

I suppose I could look at the sun
And see where it is in the sky.
As long as it's not midday,
I can check where the shadows lie.

Once we're sure we've got our bearings
And we know we're going the right way
I will be the ideal navigator
For the rest of the travelling day.

But after we stop for the night
I have a big decision to make.
When we get back to the highway
Is it a left or right turn we take?

So you might have to drive and check
Till we find a sign that will say
Adelaide or Alice or Uluru 
And I'll take over for the rest of the day.


Thanks Jan, I could hardly have done it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.